Finding your inner villain has never been more fun at Disney’s Villains After Hours event at Magic Kingdom! This is a special nighttime experience where you can tap into your most evil side and celebrate with the baddest of the bad! From themed treats, photo ops and merchandise to a spectacular stage show and a bumpin’ DJ sets this event has it all!
Let’s go ahead and spill the details on ticketing, merchandise, food and so much more! Here is what you need to know:
This is a special ticketed event that grants you access into Walt Disney World’s Magic Kingdom park at 7:00PM. The Villains After Hours event technically begins at 10:00PM, giving you three extra hours to enjoy all of the most villainous offerings with super low wait times. And of course, celebrating our favorite villains is the best kind of perk! Ticket pricing is as follows:
- Advanced purchase: Adult/Child — $139 plus tax
- Same day event ticket purchase: Adult/Child — $144 plus tax
- Annual Passholder/DVC Members: $109 plus tax (Advanced purchase price only)
Please keep in mind that there are a limited number of tickets sold for each night to ensure that everyone has an enjoyable, less-crowded experience at the After Hours event! If you have a busy schedule this summer, don’t worry, there are ten select nights you can choose from to enjoy the event.
- Thursday, June 6, 2019
- Thursday, June 13, 2019
- Thursday, June 20, 2019
- Thursday, June 27, 2019
- Monday, July 1, 2019
- Thursday, July 11, 2019
- Thursday, July 18, 2019
- Thursday, July 25, 2019
- Thursday, August 1, 2019
- Thursday, August 8, 2019
This night is all about celebrating our infamous Disney Villains and it was definitely up to the task. Even Space Mountain and Pirates of the Caribbean received a fun, evil twist to really immerse the guests into the devilish theme! If you attended last year’s Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party, the additions to Pirates of the Caribbean were very similar to that event. You can find Captain Barbosa and his Pirate pals in the queue and along the boat route, which is definitely a fun way to enjoy a classic attraction. Space Mountain was definitely the winner between the two with an extra nefarious overlay for the event. Pitch black darkness, extra spooky music and the ethereal voices from our beloved Villains can be heard while riding this attraction. It was honestly one of the best experiences I have ever had while riding on Space Mountain!
These kinds of additions to the attractions are some of my favorite things that Disney is doing to really add to our guest experience. It was so exciting to experience this iconic attraction in a new, electrifying way and it definitely did not disappoint!
Another fantastic extension into the Villainy is the new stage show debuting alongside this event, “Villains Unite the Night” featuring Hades, Meg, The Queen, Maleficent and Jafar at Cinderella’s Castle. I honestly could not believe the amount of detail that went into this stage show. The castle projections were next level amazing and completely mesmerizing. It was so exciting to see Cinderella’s Castle transform from Hades deathly lair to Dr. Facilier’s Shadowland in just one easy transition. I honestly loved all of the different themes on the castle, but I had my favorites aka Dr. Facilier and Maleficent! I know I have said it already, but THE DETAILS?!
Let’s talk FOOD! It is tasty treats galore out here and I am loving them all! There is a lot to choose from and with three hours you have to choose how you spend your time wisely. With that being said, there are no rules against enjoying the park while having something delicious in hand (but really in both hands). Another plus to having a ton of fun food items, popcorn, ice cream (aka Mickey bars) and bottled beverages are included in the price of your ticket. You can enjoy as many Mickey bars as your heart desires, which means that yes, Daniel took full advantage! This is definitely a perk considering the ticket is priced a little bit higher than the normal After Hours event tickets.
- Dragon’s Breath Float: lemon soft-serve and sprite topped with a green cherry and cherry-flavored syrup.
- Maleficent Cone: lime soft-serve topped with chocolate horns and purple sprinkles served in a black waffle cone.
- Location: StoryBook Treats in Fantasyland (across from Seven Dwarves Mine Train).
- Intergalactic Noodles: chilled noodle salad with snap peas, red onion, and sweet garlic chili sauce.
- Yzma’s Llama Potion:dry ice-infused drink cup filled with Strawberry Fanta.
- Location: Cool Ship in Tomorrowland (near Space Mountain).
- De Vil’s Treat: brownie topped with black and white icing.
- Location: Casey’s Corner (Main Street)
- Headless Horseman Browkie: half-chocolate chip cookie, half-brownie topped with a chocolate piece featuring the Headless Horseman.
- Location: Liberty Square Popcorn Cart (found right next to the Liberty Tree Tavern restaurant).
- Hades Nachos: black bean nacho chips with “fiery” buffalo chicken and nacho cheese.
- Hades Temptation: purple frozen mocktail “Cosmo” with lemonade, violet monin syrup, and a gummy worm.
- Location: Tortuga Tavern (across from Pirates of the Caribbean).
- Dr. Facilier’s Tarot Card Tart: chocolate tart filled with dark chocolate ganache and topped with peanut butter mousse and a white chocolate tarot card.
- A Drink from The Other Side: a non-alcoholic Hurricane-like drink themed after one of the most popular drinks in New Orleans.
- Location: Sleepy Hollow (across from Ye Olde Christmas Shoppe).
- Not So Poison Apple Cupcake: a spiced “apple” cupcake with pecan crunch and buttercream.
- Location: Main Street Bakery (aka the Confectionary).
Of course, it wouldn’t be a Disney event without exclusive merchandise to be offered! Limited merchandise showcasing our favorite Villains is a must-have considering there isn’t enough Villains inspired merchandise out there! WE NEED MORE! Normally I don’t buy the themed merchandise since I own way too many t-shirts as it is, but this collection had both Daniel and I reaching for our wallets. Daniel’s favorite was the pocket tee that had the Villains After Hours logo on the front, while on the back all of our favorite villains were represented. The attention to detail was something that they really excelled on with this event and I am loving it!
Overall, I really had an amazing time at the Villains After Hours event! I think I could have stayed at the DJ booth at the front of the castle for the entire night. The music was poppin’ and so was I! It’s hard not to dance when a trap remix of your favorite Descendants song comes on?! Dance parties at Disney are something I LIVE for and I have missed that kind of exciting atmosphere at Magic Kingdom. I am glad it’s being incorporated in the best way at this event!
If you are weary of the price on those tickets, I completely understand. I will be honest, I was too! I do believe though, it is worth it to go! If you LOVE the Villains and are looking for a stellar experience, this is 100% for you. If you are looking to just ride as many rides as you’d like, this can be for you too, but keep in mind you will not be able to experience everything from the event. You get three extra hours to really take in everything, so make sure you use your time wisely.
- Space Mountain — DO NOT immediately run to this ride at 10PM. It will still be incredibly busy due to park guests filing out of the park and most people will head to this attraction first.
- Villains Unite the Night stage show — Definitely wait until the last showing at 1AM! Way less people and you will have been able to enjoy everything at the event beforehand. This is a really great way to end the night!
- Unlimited Snacking — Take in this time where you can eat as much popcorn and mickey bars that your heart desires. IT IS WORTH IT!
- Dr. Facilier’s Tarot Card Tarte, Intergalactic Noodles and Hade’s Nachos — These themed eats were the best of the best and should be appreciated!
- Live DJ Set at Cinderella’s Castle — Literally my most favorite part of the entire event. The BEST atmosphere and wickedly good music!
- Maleficent — Our beautiful dragon queen strolls from Frontierland, around the Hub and by the end of the night, right down Main Street! This was an incredible opportunity to see her in a completely different way. Do not miss out!
- End of the Night Evil Surprise — A wicked ending to the most perfect night comes along with MORE villainous characters interacting with the guests below at the Train Station! This was so fun and interesting, especially since most of them are villains you rarely get to see! My favorites were Cinderella’s evil stepsisters, Gaston and his rippling biceps, and of course the most underrated of them all, Bowler Hat Guy from Meet the Robinson’s.
Having the opportunity to work alongside Disney is something that leaves me feeling incredibly grateful. This is a place that I cherish with all of my heart and I am just so thankful for any and all opportunities that come my way. Thank you for following along and I can’t wait for you all to experience the Disney’s Villains After Hours!